His best friend is Taki and they have always been together since primary school. Together with Taki and Izawa, the three of them form the Shutetsu Trio, with a one-two technique, which is a fast combination pass sequence to one another.
The 13% of goals from Nankatsu are scored from the Shutetsu Trio in middle school.
- Sliding Shot: The player runs up and slides into the ball without slowing down, launching it in a low, sharp trajectory.
- Shutetsu Trio One-Two: A coordinated attack performed by the Shutetsu Trio―Izawa, Kisugi, and Taki. The three of them slip past the opposition's defenders using combination techniques that they've been perfecting together since elementary school.
- Nankatsu Silver Combi
- Triangle Attack (Captain Tsubasa IV: Pro no Rival-tachi)
- Scoremonger's Pride (Captain Tsubasa: Gekito no Kiseki)
- His name is Johnny Mason in the Latin American dub and in some European countries.
- He makes cameo appearences in episode 5 from Rosario + Vampire.